Positive Highlights of 2009
1. I received thirteen 4-, 4.5- and 5-star reviews for my various published books.
2. One of my books was handpicked to be among three exclusive six-book collections sold through the Home Shopping Network.
3. I returned to college fulltime, after nearly a decade-long hiatus, and received straight A’s.
4. I wrote four new novels, several short stories, and a screenplay adaptation.
5. Through various social networking sites, I have been able to connect with fans and reconnect with friends I had lost touch with over the years.
Resolutions for 2010
1. I resolve to finish my YA fantasy novel, redraft the literary sci-fi works that have been simmering on the back burner, and write the comedy screenplay that has been building in my mind for the past two years.
2. I resolve to earn straight A’s again in the coming two semesters.
3. I resolve to promote my work more—both published and unpublished novels, as well as my short stories and screenplays.
4. I resolve to weight train every two to three days and continue working toward my second-degree black belt in Shurin Ryu karate.
5. I resolve to set the bar even higher for my writing, using what I’ve learned to improve upon the foundation I’ve laid for myself.
What are your highlights and resolutions? I’d love to hear from you. Here’s to a great 2010—Happy New Year!